oGTe Induction
The Exciting oGTe Induction at SLIIT: A Journey of Connection and Learning
The journey of becoming an Outgoing Global Teacher (oGTer) in AIESEC is not just about the role itself; it's also about the connections and experiences that shape you along the way. I vividly remember my oGTe induction held at the SLIIT premises in Malabe, a day filled with learning, laughter, and the promise of new friendships.
A Day of Discovery
From the moment I stepped into the induction session, I could feel the excitement in the air. This was my first official introduction to the world of AIESEC, and I was eager to learn about the various roles and terminologies that define the organization. The day was packed with insightful sessions, but one of the highlights was when we were exposed to the plethora of abbreviations that AIESEC uses, such as iGV (Incoming Global Volunteer), oGTa (Outgoing Global Teacher Assistant), and of course, oGTe (Outgoing Global Teacher). Each abbreviation came with its own set of responsibilities and opportunities, and it was fascinating to see how they all fit into the bigger picture of AIESEC's mission.
Embracing AIESEC's Unique Customs
What made the day truly memorable were the unique customs that AIESEC embraces. We participated in fun activities that brought everyone together, starting with lively jives that broke the ice and got us moving. The energy in the room was infectious as we danced and laughed, forgetting our nerves and truly engaging with one another.
Another quirky tradition that stood out was the concept of "sugar cubes." This fun activity involved writing little notes on sugar cubes, which we later exchanged with one another. It was a delightful way to share kind words and encouragement, creating a positive atmosphere. The “Punishment Team” and “Love Guru” were also introduced, adding a playful element to our induction. These teams were responsible for fostering a light-hearted environment and ensuring that everyone felt included and engaged.
Building Lasting Connections
Amidst all the fun, I made two new friends that day. One of them was Mithula, and we hit it off immediately, becoming best friends in no time. Our shared excitement about AIESEC and our aspirations to make a difference bonded us instantly. However, I can't recall the name of the other friend I met, and I genuinely hope they reach out if they're reading this! Building connections is one of the key elements of AIESEC, and I was grateful to expand my network with such wonderful individuals.
The LCVP at the time, Ardithya, played a pivotal role in making the induction a success. She, along with her amazing team, not only provided us with treats that made the day even sweeter but also shared their personal experiences in AIESEC. This experience-sharing session was particularly inspiring, as it gave us insight into the various journeys of others and the impact AIESEC has had on their lives.
A Memorable Conclusion
As the day came to a close, we wrapped up with the sugar cube exchange. Writing thoughtful notes on these little cubes became a cherished ritual that allowed us to reflect on the day and express our feelings about our new friendships. It was a fun and interactive way to solidify the connections we had made, leaving us all with warm memories to take home.
Conclusion
The oGTe induction at SLIIT was more than just an introduction to my role; it was a celebration of community, learning, and friendship. I left that day not only with a better understanding of AIESEC’s values and customs but also with lasting connections that I cherish to this day. This experience reinforced my belief in the power of youth-led initiatives and the importance of building a supportive network as we embark on our global journeys. I’m excited about what lies ahead in my AIESEC adventure and look forward to all the experiences and friendships yet to come!
Comments
Post a Comment